OSGR/BNG with or without spaces
& 1234,5678 etc (2 - 5 digit numbers)
LatLong in 52.123456,-1.879000 eg
a UK Post Code
|other useful map websites, (needs
manual search for specific locations)
Grade II listed & HER listed (UK) gateway search
OSGR > Post Codes converter
2) left click in box 1
3) paste (cntrl V - or right click) (it accepts a cr delimited list use "do list" button to convert OSGRs to LatLongs)
4) move cursor away from box 1
5) copy or click to your heart's content.
6) But don't try to copy from box 1 (or re-edit) - it will clear the box, that's its purpose for speed! .. (edit, copy & paste from boxes3+)
7) clicking 2osgr converts 2 numbers (comma delimited) in the LatLong box to an osgr. format eg "54.082341,-1.3973814" - You can paste or edit there.
8) NI & Ireland and Chanel Islands now recognised (Streetmap not fully covering Ireland) - LatLong to GR (& reverse conversion)
9) leading and trailing spaces and non-printing characters (eg line feeds) are ignored (mostly!)
10) "router" is a dog-leg mileage measurement list. Enter/convert each point in sequence along a route then click "router" each time. Pick points at significant bends.
11) "router" offers the area enclosed by the list (automatically closing the last & first "bends" notionally - so you don't have to). Search "Shoelace formula" for accuracy.
12) the "router" list can be used as short-term memory of unconnected points. The "bends", when clicked, load the short LatLong as a conversion.
13) KYP needs the correct county for display of green dots that pop-up
interesting images of that location. Try several if close to borders!
- (with thanx 2 nearby.co.uk for the clever stuff)